This week, I got an opportunity to take a quick trip to Pittsburgh. My company was looking for volunteers to do university recruiting at my alma mater college. I volunteered to go, and extended my trip through the weekend so I could see my family!
The flights here were actually really good. My layover was in Dallas, which meant that my first flight was about 3 1/2 hours and my second flight was a little over 2 hours. I much preferred these two middle-length flights to the combination that I usually have of one long and one short.
Airport lunch was a chicken salad from Au Bon Pain, an apple and a bag of popchips.
I also bought an awesome bag of trail mix, which made it into my stomach before the rest of my lunch and therefore before the pictures.
The airline magazine had a magazine about one of my favorite personalities on TV:
Al Roker! I love him. He is one of the major reasons that I watch the Today show. The article was really interesting, talking about all of the things outside of the Today Show that Al does – including his production company and various tv shows, and his family (his wife and two kids). Al is just such a likeable guy.
Al, come find me. I think we should be friends.
Once we landed safe and sound in Pittsburgh, I picked up my rental car. A compact for sure!
The next 48 hours were pretty much a whirlwind. I checked into my hotel (the Springhill Suites in Bakery Square) which was really nice. My room was a suite:
(source – Not my room, but it looked exactly like that!) One awesome thing about this hotel is that patrons get free access to the gym next door, Urban Active. It’s a fairly new gym (a little over a year old?) and has nice equipment and facilities. I headed there Wednesday morning for a little elliptical and treadmill time. Definitely better than a hotel gym!
After the gym, as I prepped for the employment recruiting fair at the university, I realized that I was 19 weeks pregnant!
I have gotten lots of comments about my belly this week, from coworkers and also from family (since I am in Pittsburgh, yay!) It is officially clear to the world that I am pregnant – and didn’t just eat too much for lunch.
This week, babycenter says that baby (boy!!!) is 8 1/2 ounces and about 6 inches long, the size of a large heirloom tomato.
This week there was a lot of sensory development for Baby P: His brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch.
Also, he can hear our voices now. Let the serenading and storytelling begin!
My 19-week check in:
- Total weight gain: Not sure about weight gain from last week. I always gain weight when I am with my family in Pittsburgh anyways…
- Maternity clothes? Yup, I’m pretty much all in. S and I went shopping last weekend and got 2 pairs of maternity jeans, a pair of leggings, and some shirts. It feels so much better to have clothing that FITS!
- Stretch marks? None yet.
- Sleep: The past two nights I have slept HORRIBLY in the hotel (even though the bed feels comfortable to me). It makes me realize that maybe the Tempurpedic is better than I realized. The next three nights will be in my mom’s house, where I always sleep well, so let’s see!
- Sunday – ran 4 miles with the SFMTP group, woo hoo!
- Monday – walked 2 miles
- Tuesday – rest day (traveling all day)
- Wednesday – 10 min elliptical, 30 min walking on the treadmill
- Today – rest day, I am TIRED from the combination of not sleeping, yesterday’s workout, and standing form 12-6 at the employee fair yesterday. My back is killing me!
- Best moment this week: Getting to see my Mommy and show her the baby bump!
- Food cravings: Holy chocolate-covered caramel popcorn. My 2 mile walk on Monday was during my lunch hour work, walking to the store to buy MORE. Can’t.Get.Enough.
- Aversions: None. Unless an aversion to moving counts.
- Symptoms: Nada
- Belly Button in or out? In.
- Wedding rings on or off? On.
Ok, now I’m off to relax a little bit with Mummy and try to find a position where my back DOESN’T hurt. Bye from the ‘burgh!