Happy third trimester to me and Baby P! I enter the third trimester with excitement and trepidation. Every day, we get closer and closer to meeting Baby P. I know I have been saying this for months, but it just keeps getting more and more real.
According to Babycenter, this week Baby P is sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing his eyes, and sucking his fingers. With more brain tissue developing, his brain is very active now. Also, his lungs would now be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if he were to be born now. This is kind of a reassuring thought, although we don’t want him to come now! Please keep baking, Baby P.
Also, baby hiccups are common from now on. I don’t think I have felt any yet, although it is difficult for me to tell because I feel so much movement from him all day long. I haven’t felt a steady, rhythmic movement (at least that I have noticed) but am on the hiccup lookout!
This week Baby P weighs almost 2 pounds and is 14 1/2 inches long. The size of a cauliflower!
And thus, my cauliflower week You know… this is the year of the dragon? And it is the week of the cauliflower.
My 27-week check in:
- Total weight gain: 21 pounds
- Stretch marks? Nada.
- Sleep: Still sleeping well, although I am starting to get a little more uncomfortable. Since I only have two sleeping positions (on either side), my nights are pretty much spent switching from one side to the other. My arms and body parts start to fall asleep and get cramps. But overall, I can’t complain!
- Workouts: I can finally do something other than stationary bike! I slowly ramped up my elliptical workouts this week, since my back is feeling better. Yippee! Next week I hope to incorporate in some walking as well.
- Saturday– Rest
- Sunday – 40 min on stationary bike
- Monday –40 min on stationary bike
- Tuesday– 40 min on stationary bike
- Wednesday – 10 min on the elliptical, 30 min on the stationary bike
- Thursday – 20 min on the elliptical, 20 min on the stationary bike
- Friday – 30 min on the elliptical, 15 min on the stationary bike
- Food cravings: Nothing too crazy. My coworker was selling homemade cake pops to raise money for Susan G. Komen so I bought some. They are sooo good, I have been downing cake pops like it’s my job
- Aversions: None.
- Symptoms: Continued heartburn, particularly at night. And more discomfort. I am starting to be able to feel that the baby is growing higher into my upper abdomen and chest, and sometimes it hurts. It feels like a baby body part is sticking into one of my organs or something.
- Best moment this week: Being able to go on the elliptical! I never thought I would be excited to be on the elliptical, because it was my least favorite workout machine before. But now I am so grateful that I can do anything, I will TAKE IT!
- Belly Button in or out? Still flat
- Wedding rings on or off? On.
By the way, here is an update on my Schwaggle customer service complaint. On April 3rd, a full week after their email to me saying that I could NOT have a refund, I received another email from them. It said:
Thank you for your patience. To recieve the full $30 value on each voucher, you can add more than one vessel to your cart. If you do not wish to do this, and you have not yet redeemed, I would be happy to cancel and refund your order. Please let me know what you would like to do. Thanks!
That is nice, right? Yeah… except for the fact that it was one week later, and I had of course already redeemed my coupons. One of them was for my stepmother’s birthday, which I was already late for due to the initial fiasco. So basically… since they were redeemed already, I am screwed. For me to return them, I would lose the shipping amount that I paid to ship it to me, as well as to ship it back, which of course nullifies the money I would get refunded. Le’sigh.
I think that Active.com should give me a refund anyways, or at least a partial refund, due to their serious customer service issues. That would be the only way they could possibly keep me as a customer at this point.
Now I am off to go see “The Hunger Games” movie with my friend. She has been patiently waiting for me to finish the book, which I did last week. I am excited!